28 Jan Help is on the way! Learn about Glens Falls’ Small Business Recovery Fund
The City of Glens Falls and the Glens Falls Local Development Corporation have updated information for the Small Business Recovery Fund, which provides forgivable loans (that means free money, with some stipulations!) up to $7,500 to small businesses experiencing hardship due to the pandemic.
Priority will be given to ground-floor storefront businesses open to the general public, businesses for whom resources will help them stay in business, and businesses where the owner receives their primary source of income from their business, along with other priorities outlined in the full document.
Here are some bullet points:
- Up to $7,500
- Zero interest rate
- 18-month term
- 100% FORGIVEN if the business remains open and in operation for 18 months after loan approval
- For businesses who have not already received PPP or EIDL money or that still have unmet needs not funded by other public programs
- For Glens Falls businesses
- For small businesses with less than 20 employees
- Credit report and personal financial guarantee are required, along with possible additional collateral
The program is a collaboration between the City of Glens Falls, the Glens Falls LDC and the US Department Housing Urban Development (HUD). Unfortunately, not-for-profits are not eligible at this time. There is much more information to be found within the PDF below.
For general inquiries, contact Amy Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Thatcher at email@example.com.
Free Help from Advokate
Additionally, Advokate is partnering with the SBRF to offer in-kind donations to those Glens Falls businesses who were approved for the Small Business Recovery Fund. Read on for more information!
Advokate’s services include:
- Web Design
- Graphic Design, Logos, Branding & Illustration
- Social Media Management & Consultation
- Marketing Consultation
- Publicity Services
- Copy Writing & Blog Writing
Advokate wants to lift up Glens Falls and Warren County, and so we are offering in-kind donations to those businesses who are approved for the Small Business Recovery Fund:
- Receive $1,000 in-kind donation of services on contracts of $6,000 or more
(Only paying $5,000 for $6,000 worth of services)
- Receive $750 in-kind donation of services on contracts of $5,000 or more
(Only paying $4,250 for $5,000 worth of services)
- Receive $500 in-kind donation of services on contracts of $2,500 or more
(Only paying $2,000 for $2,500 worth of services)
- Receive $250 in-kind donation of services on contracts of $1,250 or more
(Only paying $1,000 for $1,250 worth of services)
- Receive a Social Media Tuneup for $75 (regularly $150) — 1 hour of work on your social media accounts
This offer expires September 1, 2021 and is just a special offer for those who have received this loan.
If you have received SBRF funding and would like to upgrade your marketing and online presence, please reach out!